What I Was Thinking: When Tom Punched Myrtle
I thought I really should not come here today
when I saw Tom punch Myrtle. I did not know what exactly happened between them
since I was so drunk. Faintly, I heard someone calling Daisy’s name, and then I
saw Tom break Myrtle’s nose with his fist. I guessed probably they were
fighting about Daisy. Even though Tom was my old friend, I had to admit that he
was not a good man for either Daisy or Myrtle. He was Daisy’s husband, but he fell
in love with another woman and did not try to hide it at all. He was Myrtle’s
lover, but he did not get divorced and punched Myrtle because she called out
Daisy’s name. I was worried about Daisy. What Tom did today made me feel he was
so rude, and I could not help wondering if he would punch Daisy that way when
he got angry at home, or punch their little young girl Pamela. At this moment,
I genuinely wished Daisy could leave Tom. I believed deep in his heart Tom was
not that kind of gentleman he behaved most of times. When I finally awakened
from alcohol, the whole room was in chaos. Myrtle was screaming and cursing
while Tom had gone to somewhere else. I felt I was not able to stay in this
room any longer. It was perhaps one of the most terrible days I had in my life
time. I did not remember how I got out of there, but I did remember the feeling
I had at that time, which made me not want to see Tom in few days.
Comments
Post a Comment