What I Was Feeling: When Gatsby Died
I was so surprised when I heard the news of
Gatsby's death. He just died so suddenly in his pool, where he went to for the
first time in the whole summer. He was killed by George Wilson for revenge, and
that was what I felt most sad for him. I would rather have him killed by other
reason than be killed for something he had never done. I knew it was Daisy who
really killed Myrtle. Even though Gatsby might like to hide the truth for her,
it was still unacceptable to me that the cost was his life. Gatsby was a good
man, better than most of people I had ever met. Although I did not know him
long, I was heartbroken at his funeral. The only thing that comforted me a
little bit was that I had told Gatsby he was worth all of other people put
together before I left. That was the only praise I had ever given to him, and I
felt maybe I should say something more at that time. I did not expect that was
the last time we met. There were not so many people came to his funeral, not
even Daisy. Those who came to his party every night did not come either. Only
Gatsby's father, Owl Eyes, me, and some of his servants were here. I attained
the funeral with a heavy and burdened heart. Gatsby was loved by so many people
when he was alive, but they all disappeared when he died. Thought of this, I
could not help having compassion for him.
Comments
Post a Comment