Why I Helped Gatsby and Daisy Get Together

Even though I had known Tom since my college years, I felt I would like to have Gatsby and Daisy been together. I felt like almost everyone knew that Tom had another woman in New York since he never tried to hide his affair. I knew it was so common for someone in Tom's place to have women outside and cheat on his wife, but when it came to Daisy the thing became not so acceptant. Daisy is my cousin and I hoped she could always be happy. But when I visited them for dinner, I found she was having a hard time because of her husband's affair. Tom left the table in the dinner time for Myrtle’s call, which made Daisy so angry. I understood her feeling, and I agreed that Tom was not a very good husband. He could give Daisy all material things she wanted, but not the spiritual connection. I thought Daisy might want to leave him, but to my surprise she did not. She even lied she was a Catholic to avoid divorcing. Gatsby, another young rich man, loved Daisy too. I was astounded when I knew he bought his mansion just for Daisy, for that green light at the end of her dock. He had a relationship with Daisy before she married Tom, but even Daisy finally left him for Tom, Gatsby did not give up his love to her. I was touched by his love, so I gave him a chance to meet Daisy at my home. I felt like Daisy still had some special feelings toward Gatsby, who was wealthy, handsome, educated, and the most importantly loved her deeply. Then I thought maybe Gatsby was better for Daisy, and I could help them get together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Didn't Shake Hands with Tom

What I Was Feeling: When Gatsby Died

What I Was Thinking: When Tom Punched Myrtle